I am writing to you to announce my reelection for a third term in the Monroe County Legislature. I am excited about the opportunity to represent portions of both the City of Rochester and Town of Irondequoit, a result of the redistricting process.
I bring a long record of collaboration and effectiveness in the Legislature:
- Passed legislation strengthening protections for cyclists and relaunched a safe-driving campaign
- Secured free phone calls for Monroe County Jail inmates, limiting profiteering from incarceration
- Stopped food delivery apps like GrubHub from listing restaurants without their approval, as well as capping predatory fees during Covid shutdowns
- Planned and executed a Covid-19 vaccine “festival” with incentives, which served as a model for other cities
- Spearheaded a task force to study the digital divide and broadband solutions
- Obtained funding for small businesses struggling during the pandemic
- Played an integral role in securing six Black districts in the Monroe County redistricting process
- Introduced pending legislation strengthening the Code of Ethics, prohibiting sexual harassment and banning officials from using county resources for politics
I graduated from John Marshall High School. I earned my undergraduate degree from Cornell University and a Master in Public Administration from Syracuse University. I served our community as a broadcast journalist for two decades, covering every aspect of Monroe County. I now direct media relations for a national nonprofit that addresses poverty through cash transfer initiatives such as guaranteed income.
I cannot wait to reconnect with those of you whom I already represent and to make new connections as I visit your homes, neighborhood meetings and events. I look forward to hearing your concerns and priorities in the coming months. I’m always here to take your calls, texts and emails.