- Monroe County Executive Adam Bello and Democratic Legislative Caucus Introduce Amendments to the County Code of Ethics
- Proposed Law Would Require Drivers to Pass Bicycles at 3-Foot Minimum Distance
- County Executive Bello Announces the Creation of Monroe County Advisory Task Force
- Statement on Closing of Downtown Y
- Barnhart Endorsed by Working Families Party
What Does a County Legislator Do?
Twenty-nine Monroe County legislators make the laws and policies governing the 748,000 people in the county. Legislators are also responsible for approving the county budget. Monroe County performs critical functions in areas including human services, criminal justice, public safety, transportation, economic development and parks. County legislators are citizen-representatives who work in various professions.
Text or call 585-210-3246.