Join Our Email List
- Barnhart Stands with Firefighter Jones
- Democratic Caucus Statement on the Death of Officer Anthony P. Mazurkiewicz
- Democratic Caucus Condemns Reawaken America Tour Stop in Rochester
- Legislators Discuss Gas Tax Holiday
- Community Meeting on Public Safety Planned
What Does a County Legislator Do?
Twenty-nine Monroe County legislators make the laws and policies governing the 748,000 people in the county. Legislators are also responsible for approving the county budget. Monroe County performs critical functions in areas including human services, criminal justice, public safety, transportation, economic development and parks. County legislators are citizen-representatives who work in various professions.
Text or call 585-210-3246.