I represent the 21st District on the Monroe County Legislature. I care deeply about our community, which faces challenges related to poverty, good jobs, education, transportation and structural racism. We deserve ethical and accountable government dedicated to solving problems.
- Barnhart Asks OPI to Review Gun Gift to Sheriff
- Barnhart Calls for Transparency & Accountability in Crashes Involving Pedestrians and Cyclists
- Barnhart Urges Dinolfo Not to Sign Harassment Bill
- Barnhart Statement on GOP Withdrawal of CABLE Act
- Barnhart Statement on GOP’s Proposed Changes to the County Charter
What Does a County Legislator Do?
Twenty-nine Monroe County legislators make the laws and policies governing the 748,000 people in the county. Legislators are also responsible for approving the county budget. Monroe County performs critical functions in areas including human services, criminal justice, public safety, transportation, economic development and parks. County legislators are citizen-representatives who work in various professions.
The 21st Legislative District
Text or call 585-210-3246.