- Barnhart Submits Legislation to Ban Fireworks Sales
- Monroe County Executive Signs Emergency Order to Cap Third-Party Delivery Fees
- Barnhart Opposes Slush Fund
- Working to help Monroe County Jail inmates and their families stay connected
- On Dark Day for Restaurants, Republicans Turn Their Backs
What Does a County Legislator Do?
Twenty-nine Monroe County legislators make the laws and policies governing the 748,000 people in the county. Legislators are also responsible for approving the county budget. Monroe County performs critical functions in areas including human services, criminal justice, public safety, transportation, economic development and parks. County legislators are citizen-representatives who work in various professions.
Text or call 585-210-3246.